The Financial Aid Office at SUNY Oneonta provides assistance and resources in applying for Federal Title IV funds and NY State grants, scholarships and loans. Visit the Financial Aid page for details.
The trained, qualified, counselors and staff work hard to ensure that all qualified students have the opportunity to pursue a post-secondary education, and are available to meet with service members, veterans, and their families at any point prior to application for admission through graduation and post-attendance.
Students always have the ability to refuse all or borrow less than the maximum student loan amount allowed.
Additional education benefits are available for eligible service members, veterans, and their families. SUNY Oneonta participates in the following programs:
Federal GI Bill Programs
- Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
- Veteran's Educational Assistance Program (VEAP, Chapter 32)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Dependent Education Assistance Program (DEA, Chapter 35)
- Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP Chapter 1607)
Apply for these programs through the Department of Veteran Affairs at benefits.va.gov.
New York State Programs
- New York State Higher Education Service Corporation (HESC)
- NYS Veterans Tuition Award
- Military Enhanced Recognition Incentive and Tribute (MERIT) Scholarship
- Recruitment Incentive & Retention Program (RIRP)
- NY Division of Military & Naval Affairs
- VOC Rehab
For assistance with general Federal and NY State financial aid programs or eligibility questions contact your assigned Financial Aid Counselor. For assistance with Federal and State Veteran's educational programs, contact your recruiter or the SUNY Oneonta VA Certifying Official (VCO).
New freshmen and transfers: It can take VA 8-12 weeks to process the enrollment verification and remit funds. Continuing students’ benefits may be delayed 4-8 weeks. Please plan your finances accordingly. Contact your VCO if you have encountered a hardship and need assistance.