Be aware that there are continually personnel changes in all of these offices: your best bet is to check the online Directory, and call the administrative assistant for the office or department to check who you should email things to.
List of forms, organized according to where they get sent after the chair signs:
- Students / chairs must email from their oneonta.edu email accounts with the new fillable or downloadable pdfs on the Online Forms tab of the Academic Advisement webpage. All such forms should be sent to email@example.com.
- Change of Major Form (Pay attention to whether it's a single or dual major change. The student can drop one major and add another on the same form, just be sure the other department chair gets included on the email chain.)
- Course Repeat Appeal Form (Pay attention to whether the student *really* needs to repeat the course a third time or whether a course substitution or waiver would be better-- e.g. if the requested course is a prerequisite but you've already overridden the prerequisite for the student to take the next course, then it may not be necessary for them to repeat the course. Give reasons as to why you think the student will do better in the course this time.)
- Petitions on DegreeWorks - formerly the Substitution/Waiver Form (Use this to make courses "slot" in different places on the student's DegreeWorks, or to waive major requirements altogether. The faculty advisor or student initiates the request using the Petitions tab on the student's DegreeWorks worksheet-- description of the petition MUST begin with the abbreviation of the student's major, so the relevant dept chair can see which petitions to look at in detail.)
- Transfer Credit Re-Evaluation Form (Consider whether the course equivalency is a special case or something that should hold for all students who took the same course at that institution.)
- Contact the Alumni Association office directly if you are working with them to fund public events, awards, or activities in your department; they will get you the forms you need to request checks etc.
- Community Standards
- Concern for Student Form (Chairs don't need to sign these but faculty should cc chairs or send the chair a heads-up email when the situation is troubling. This form is on the "Behavioral Concern" link in the Forms column of the Office of Community Standards webpage.) This is also the form that faculty use for students who stop attending class and don't respond to contact attempts.
- Instructor Report of Academic Dishonesty (Chairs don't need to sign these but faculty should cc chairs on these so the chair knows to expect the almost inevitable complaints. This form is on the "Academic Integrity" link in the Forms column on the Office of Community Standards webpage.)
- Independent Studies and Individual Course Enrollment forms (If they will happen in the summer, the forms should be sent here rather than the Registrar's office. The forms are fillable pdfs found in the Online Forms section of the Registrar's website.)
- Course Audit Request Form (The form is a downloadable pdf at the bottom of the Auditing a Course tab on the Continuing Education website, which is located in the Admissions section of the college website.)
- Course Changes and New Course proposals (Faculty and/or Dept chairs initiate these in Curriculog, which can be found in the left-hand menu of your Blackboard home page. Each different thing you can do on Curriculog has the signature workflow built in. No more paper forms or lost emails!)
- Individual Course Enrollment Form (This is a fillable pdf in the Online Forms section of the Registrar's website. Student and Instructor sign first *make sure instructor's name is printed too*, then the chair and then it goes to the Dean. Why this requires the Dean's signature but an Independent Study does not, is a mystery to us all.)
- Internship Application (This is now done through the Handshake platform in the Career Development Office. Make sure you specify who the coordinator/supervisor is and spell out the details of what the intern will be doing to earn their credits. Make sure the student meets all of the criteria and restrictions before approving as chair.)
- Teaching Assistantship Application (This is a fillable pdf in the Online Forms section of the Registrar's website. Student and Instructor sign first *make sure instructor's name is printed too*, then the chair and then it goes to the Dean. Make sure there is a syllabus attached with details of what the TA will be doing to earn their credits. Make sure the student meets all of the criteria and restrictions before sending the form up to the Dean.)
- Sabbatical or Other Leave Request (This form is nowhere to be found on the college website. Ask your Dean's Administrative Assistant for it. Or google it.)
- Staffing & Compensation Request Form *Must be submitted with the APP form* (This is how you start the process to search for a new faculty member or get extra service pay for a faculty member. There is a link to these forms and more information on the landing page of the Human Resources webpage.)
- Student Employment Appointment Form (This is a fillable pdf on the Forms section of the Human Resources / Employee Services webpage. Student employment opportunities are advertised on the Handshake platform.)
- Travel Request Application TRA form (Once work-related / faculty development travel is allowed again, make sure to fill this out *at least 2 weeks before the travel*. Must specify how classes will be covered or why that won't be necessary. This is a fillable pdf on the Travel Manual tab of the Procurement & Travel website; the other forms and policies and instructions are there too.)
- Key or Card Access Request (There's a link to this online system on the Office of Facilities, Safety and Physical Plant webpage.)
- Maintenance & Custodial Work Request System (There's a link to this online system on the Office of Facilities, Safety and Physical Plant webpage.)
- Requisition for Supplies - commonly ordered office supplies like printer paper, chalk, pens etc. (There is a pdf order form from the campus supply room on the Mail, Receiving and Supply tab of the Division of Finance & Administration webpage; there is also a link for online ordering.)
- Certificate of Records Destruction (Form can be found in the Records Retention page on the Internal Control Program tab in the Finance & Administration web page. It's important not to let old records and documents pile up in the office, but shredding of them needs to be in accordance with the Records Retention policy.)
- Their website has tabs with info for the Mailroom, Mail Services and Central Receiving, and also for the Campus Supply Room.
Contact the College Foundation office directly if you are working with them to fund any of your department activities, they will provide the forms you need to request checks, etc.
- Voluntary Reduction in Work Schedule application (for CSEA etc staff)
- Online forms for Change of Personal Information, Leave Donation, etc.
Print Shop Orders (Chair doesn't need to sign these, but should make faculty ask first before they order expensive things like posters or color copies. Departments should have a budget for this and Deans don't have to sign off on every copy request, but chairs should keep close tabs on expenses and rein in faculty who do too much. The Print Shop Storefront link is under the Faculty/Staff tab in the Campus Resources section of Blackboard.)
- Standard Voucher - this is how guest speakers, faculty who paid for educational materials, etc. get reimbursed for their *prior approved* expenses (This is a fillable pdf on the Forms and Other Resources tab of the Procurement & Travel website)
- Purchase Requisition with Justification (This is a fillable pdf on the Procurement & Travel website's landing page.)
- Travel Voucher (This is the form that you submit after the trip to get reimbursed. Must have original receipts attached. This is a fillable pdf on the Travel Manual tab of the Procurement & Travel website; the other forms and policies and instructions for travel are there too.)
- Course Challenge Record (technically chairs don't have to sign these, but Chairs are supposed to be the ones who approve whether students can challenge a course. These forms are not digitized yet; the process for now is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the information that was on the paper form.)
- Grade Change Form - does not need chair's signature if it was an Incomplete or Pending grade; all other change requests need a justification and the chair gets prompted to go in and approve/deny (this is now an online process done through Web Services; if for some reason the instructor cannot initiate this process the chair can email the relevant information to the Registrar's office.)
- Honors Certificates (These are sent to department chairs to sign after each semester.)
- Independent Study Form (These are fillable pdfs in the Online Forms section of the Registrar's website. Make sure the student signs before the chair; be sure to send a full syllabus along with the form. If the student is a double major, including and especially Education, be sure to have that chair also sign; the second chair will then send to the Registrar.)
- Minor Completion Form (These are pdfs that the Registrar sends at the end of the semester, one for each graduating student who has declared completion of the minor; consult with Academic Advisement or an experienced chair on how to complete these forms, they're a little complicated.)