Credit Reevaluation Process

Accepted students who have been granted preliminary transfer credit, viewable through DegreeWorks in myOneonta by the Office of Admissions have the option to request a reevaluation of transfer credit for specific courses within their declared major and major-related coursework.

Pre-matriculated students

For any accepted student who has not yet registered for coursework or attended orientation at SUNY Oneonta, requests are facilitated by the Office of Admissions. Any accepted student who has not started taking courses at SUNY Oneonta may complete and return the Pre-Matriculation Transfer Credit Reevaluation Request form by following the instructions at the top of the form. You’ll need Adobe to fill in the PDF electronically, or you can print the form out, fill it in and then scan the completed form. Please email the completed form and a course syllabus for each course you wish to have reevaluated as a PDF or Word document attachment to Donna Johnson, Coordinator of Articulation and Transfer Credit, at

If you are interested in transferring into our education program, sample coursework such as papers, projects and tests must be submitted electronically as an attachment in addition to the course syllabus.

The Office of Admissions recommends that students use this process as a starting point for all transfer credit reevaluation requests.

Post-matriculated students

For any accepted student who has registered for courses or attended orientation at SUNY Oneonta, requests for reevaluation of transfer credit are facilitated by the Office of Academic Advisement.

Students transferring from two-year SUNY programs

For accepted students transferring directly from a two-year associate’s degree program at a SUNY campus, appeals are facilitated by the Office of the Registrar.

The SUNY transfer credit appeal process is designed for pre- or post-matriculated students transferring from a two-year SUNY Associate’s degree program into a SUNY four-year institution. If you have questions concerning the evaluation of your credit and/or whether or not you qualify for the SUNY appeal process, please contact a transfer counselor in the Office of Admissions.

Back to top