SUNY Oneonta offers nine Pre-Health Professions Advisement Tracks to prepare students for admission to schools of medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other health professions.
The Pre-Health Professions Advisement Program includes the following concentration options: Pre-Medicine, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physician Assistant, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Optometry, and Pre-Chiropractic.
SUNY Oneonta Students in the Pre-Health Professions Advisement Track:
- complete a similar suite of courses during the first two to three years at SUNY Oneonta.
- are encouraged to consider nationwide and global healthcare professional school opportunities.
- choose from a variety of majors, which commonly include: Anthropology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Exercise Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, and others.
- are dual-advised and encouraged to consult with their primary major advisor and a Pre-Health advisor to ensure timely completion of all requirements.
- can generally complete all coursework prerequisites for any of the healthcare professions with any major at SUNY Oneonta.