SUNY Oneonta offers nine Pre-Health Advisement Tracks to prepare students for admission to schools of medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy and other health professions.
The Pre-Health Advisement Track includes the following options: Pre-Medicine, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physician Assistant, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Optometry, and Pre-Chiropractic.
SUNY Oneonta Students in the Pre-Health Advisement Track:
- complete a similar suite of courses during the first two to three years at SUNY Oneonta.
- are encouraged to consider nationwide and global healthcare professional school opportunities.
- can choose from a variety of majors, including: Biochemistry, Biology, Business, Chemistry, English, Music, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, or others.
- are dual-advised and encouraged to consult with their primary major advisor and a pre-health advisor to ensure timely completion of all requirements.
- can generally complete all coursework prerequisites for any of the healthcare professions with any major at SUNY Oneonta.
Preferred Acceptance at Sage Graduate School in Troy, NY in Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
3 + 3 Early Admission at Upstate Medical University in Physical Therapy
Early Assurance at the Albany Medical College Center for Physician Assistant Studies
3 + 4 Joint Articulation Agreement at SUNY College of Optometry