The minor in Physics consists of an integrated group of 18 semester hours in physics courses, and it is open to all undergraduates except Physics majors. It should be particular value to students in major programs related to physics, such as the areas of mathematics, chemistry, biology, and the earth sciences. Students planning to complete requirements for a curriculum minor must make all arrangements with the department chairman, 120 Physical Science, 607.436.3192.
Core Courses 12 s.h.
- PHYS 203 General Physics I
- PHYS 204 General Physics II
- PHYS 205 General Physics III (Co-requisite: PHYS 287)
- PHYS 287 Intermediate Physics Lab (concurrent with PHYS 205)
Selections 6 s.h.
Select any two (2) upper division courses (3-4 s.h. each) from PHYS, ASTR, and/or ENGR
TOTAL 18 s.h.
1. Transfer credit may be allowed for only one of the following: PHYS 203 and/or PHYS 204 PHYS 205 and 287 Up to 4 s.h. in 200-300 level physics courses
2. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
3. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor