The minor in Physics consists of an integrated group of 18 semester hours in physics courses, and it is open to all undergraduates except Physics majors. It should be particular value to students in major programs related to physics, such as the areas of mathematics, chemistry, biology, and the earth sciences. Students planning to complete requirements for a curriculum minor must make all arrangements with the department chairman, 127 Physical Science, 607.436.3193.
1. Transfer credit may be allowed for only one of the following: PHYS 203 and/or PHYS 204 PHYS 205 and 287 Up to 4 s.h. in 200-300 level physics courses
2. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
3. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor