This minor is only available to students who matriculated prior to Fall 2019.
The purpose of this minor is to provide students in a variety of majors with exposure to the central themes of sociological study. This minor is not available to students completing the traditional Sociology major or the Sociology Pre-Professional major (SOCH). Arrangements for completing the requirements for this minor should be made with the Sociology Department, 10 Schumacher, 607.436.3512.
*revised Sociology Department course codes effective Fall 2016. Previous course codes in parentheses.
Core Course 3 s.h.
- SOC 101 (SOCL 100) Intro to Sociology*
*This course must be passed with a grade of C or better
Sociology Selections 15 s.h.
Select at least five courses (minimum 15 s.h.) from the remaining list of SOC courses. At least 9 s.h. must be at the 200-level or above.
TOTAL 18 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor