This minor is only available to students who matriculated prior to Fall 2019.
The minor is open to all undergraduates interested in geographic planning, except Geography majors in program track GOGU. Interested students should register with and obtain further information from the Chairperson of the Department of Geography and Environmental Sustainability, 317 Milne Library, 607.436.3459. Effective Fall 2015
Core Course 3 s.h.
- GEOG 100 Introductory Geography
Basic Geography Requirements: Select two of the following: 6 s.h.
- GEOG 201 Physical Geography of the Global Environment
- GEOG 210 Economic Geography and Sustainability
- GEOG 220 Political Geography
- GEOG 230 Geography of Culture and Environment
- GEOG 233 Geography of Urban Environments
Planning Core: Select one or two of the following: 3-6 s.h.
- GEOG 227 Sustainable Urban Planning
- GEOG 348 Regional and Land Use Planning
Planning Related: Select one or two of the following: 3-6 s.h.
- GEOG 225 Population Geography and the Environment
- GEOG 236 Environmental Planning
- GEOG 238 Sustainable Development in Developing Countries
- GEOG 305 Geography and Planning of Water Resources
- GEOG 313 Transportation Planning for Smart Growth
Planning Methods: Select one of the following: 3 s.h.
- GEOG 240 Cartographic Principles
- GEOG 241 GIS: Principles and Methods
- GEOG 244 Environmental Applications of GIS
- GEOG 248 Remote Sensing of Environments
TOTAL 21 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor