A Journal of Undergraduate Social Science
News and Announcements
- SOAR is a social science journal that publishes undergraduate research. We accept submissions on a rolling basis, and release a new issue annually in December.
- We have an open call for papers! Please share this with any and all who may be interested in publishing their work with us. Though we are based out of SUNY Oneonta, any undergraduate student in the world is eligible to submit work, including those who recently graduated (within one year). Collaborations with faculty are welcome, provided the first author is a student. Please visit our page for authors if you are interested in submitting a manuscript.
- In addition to authors, we are also in search of undergraduate students who willing to serve as peer reviewers. We use a blind peer review process to ensure that our submissions are held to a high standard. If you are interested, then please, sign-up to be a peer reviewer!
- SOAR is SUNY Oneonta's open access undergraduate social science journal. This selective peer-reviewed forum is student-run and faculty-advised. The primary goal is to provide undergraduate students from any university with an outlet for publishing rigorous academic research.
- In September of 2016, four undergraduate students working with Dr. Gregory Fulkerson, created SOAR (SUNY Oneonta Academic Research), an undergraduate social science research journal. Founding and succeeding members develop scholastic leadership, experience real life career rehearsal, and practice scholarly writing. SOAR will always remain student-run and faculty-advised to ensure the integrity of the journal, and uphold our commitment to student growth and experience. To ensure a collaborative experience at SOAR, new team members are mentored one on one by previous members. Although SOAR takes article submissions from any university, our editorial board is SUNY Oneonta based. If you are interested in joining SOAR as an editor or peer reviewer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a Manuscript
- Ready to send in your submission? Please visit the Information for Authors page.
Marissa Hogan is a sophomore artist, graphic designer, and photographer at SUNY Oneonta. Her design was inspired by the highly valued scholarly journals of our time. She looked for inspiration in common journals such as TIME Magazine and National Geographic, as well as lesser-known academic journals. These designs, as well as her design for SOAR, illustrate a timeless and professional style. The dragon element her design ties in SUNY Oneonta’s mascot directly, showing pride in the school and the great intellect that derives from it.