This minor is no longer available for declaration
Designed for students interested in the study of film as an act of mass media and as an art form in its own right, that combines aspects of many traditional arts. Students planning to complete the requirements for this minor must make the necessary arrangements through the Department of Communication and Media, B-12 IRC, 607.436.3411.
Core Courses 9 s.h.
- MCOM 151 Understanding Mass Communication
- MCOM 280 Basic Motion Picture Production
- MCOM 281 Art of the Motion Picture
Selections 12 s.h.
Drama: Select one of the following:
- THTR 100 Theatre Appreciation
- THTR 178 Play Analysis for the Stage
Art: Select one of the following:
- ARTH 110 Survey of the Visual Arts
- ARTH 200 The Language of the Visual Arts
Film: Select two of the following:
- ALS 208 African Americans and Latinos in Film and Television
- MCOM 279 The Documentary Tradition
- MCOM 283 The Development of Film
- MCOM 284 Great Films of Great Directors
- MCOM 285 Film Genres
- MCOM 294 Special Topics in Mass Communications
- MCOM 380 Advanced Video Production
TOTAL 21 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor