The minor in Statistics is open to all undergraduates. Although there is no rigid sequence which must be followed, students should plan their schedules carefully so that prerequisites are satisfied. Consult the Chair of the Department of Mathematical Sciences, 274 Fitzelle, 607.436.3708, for further information on options and suggested sequences. Students planning to complete requirements for a curriculum minor must make all arrangements with the Mathematics Department Chairperson.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with the department of the minor
Core Courses 10 s.h.
- STAT 101 Intro to Statistics
- STAT 201 Statistical Methods I
- STAT 261 Probability Models and Statistical Inference
Selections 8 s.h.
- MATH 223 Calculus I
- MATH 224 Calculus II
Select three STAT courses at the 200-level 9 s.h. or above, except STAT 261
TOTAL 27 s.h.