Register Devices on the Campus Network
You must register any device to be able to connect it to the Internet using the campus network. You must be on campus to register phones, TVs, gaming systems, streaming devices, smart home devices, etc. Computers may be registered from home for two weeks prior to the start of the semester or when you arrive on campus.
Before You Register
Do you know your SUNY Oneonta computer account and password?
You will need these to register. If you need to create an account or reset your password, then visit the Account Management page.
Is your antivirus software current?
Viruses can harm devices and damage the network. We recommend that you install an up-to-date antivirus program, enable on-access scanning and run full system scans periodically while using the campus network. Choose your own antivirus or download one of these for free:
- Windows users can activate Microsoft Windows Defender, which is included. For instructions on how to activate Windows Defender in Windows 8 or 10, please contact the IT Service Desk or click here.
- Mac OS users can download and install Avast Mac Security.
Do you know the MAC address/physical address of each device you want to register?
It’s easy to find these. Here are instructions.
Ready to Register?
Having trouble registering?
- Visit our Service Portal.
- Come to the Service Desk in the basement of Milne Library.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us at 607-436-4567.