Register Devices on the Campus Network
You must register any device to be able to connect it to the Internet using the campus network.
NEW! Turn off PRIVATE or RANDOMIZED ADDRESS/MAC on your device before you register.
- Click here for iOS directions.
- Click here for Android directions.
- Click here for Windows directions.
You may register up to 10 devices. Visit this page to see what you already have registered and delete devices you no longer need.
Click here to request a wired Internet connection in your room.
Before You Register
Do you know your SUNY Oneonta computer account and password?
You will need these to register. If you need to create an account or reset your password, then visit the Account Management page.
Is your antivirus software current?
Viruses can harm devices and damage the network. We recommend that you install an up-to-date antivirus program, enable on-access scanning and run full system scans periodically while using the campus network. Choose your own antivirus or download one of these for free:
- Windows users can activate Microsoft Windows Defender, which is included. For instructions on how to activate Windows Defender in Windows 8 or 10, please contact the IT Service Desk or click here.
- Mac OS users can download and install Avast Mac Security.
You’ll need to know the MAC address/physical address to register devices without web browsers.
- Click here for directions to turn off private addressing in iOS.
- Click here for directions to turn off private addressing Android.
Ready to Register?
- Visit our Service Portal.
- Come to the Service Desk in the basement of Milne Library.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Call us at 607-436-4567.