Congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY Oneonta! You have been selected for admission to SUNY Oneonta because you are a student who meets our rigorous academic requirements and someone who we believe will contribute something special to our campus community. As scholars, athletes, campus leaders and community volunteers, students accomplish amazing things at SUNY Oneonta. We look forward to seeing what you'll achieve here.
Deposits are due by January 1, 2020. Students admitted after December 16, 2019 have until January 11, 2020 to pay their deposit.
$100 deposit for tuition — $100 for housing — $200 deposit for both
- Online: You can pay the deposit online on your Application Status Page: Forms Section, Reply Form - Undergraduate
- Mail: Make your check payable to SUNY Oneonta and send it to: Admissions Office, SUNY Oneonta, 108 Ravine Parkway, Oneonta, NY 13820
December 3 - January 3
Complete Housing Application in myOneonta
Health Forms due
Bills are due
|January 3||Academic Advisement Form due|
Complete Online Orientation
(link will be sent to your Oneonta email address)
|January 8||Housing Assignments available in myOneonta|
|January 12||Move in day for new students|
|March 6||College closes after last class|
|March 16||Classes resume|
|April 30 - May 6||Finals|
As a newly admitted student, you need to register for myOneonta in order to access the latest information about your admission and enrollment, including your current academic and financial aid information.
To register, go to the user account page and follow the instructions provided. You will need your Oneonta username and student ID, which can be found in your acceptance letter.
Once registered, you can access myOneonta or follow the link at the top of any SUNY Oneonta webpage.
Upon paying your deposit, you will manage the following enrollment steps through myOneonta:
- Complete your Academic Advisement form
- Complete your housing questionnaire and application forms
- Access required student health forms
- Register for Fitness Center access
To apply for financial aid, follow these steps at financialaid.oneonta.edu
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have a complete FAFSA for the 2019–2020 academic year, add Oneonta to your current FAFSA. Oneonta’s school code is 002847
- For NYS residents, a TAP application can be submitted at the end of your online FAFSA session at the Higher Education Services Corporation website. If you’ve already applied for TAP, you’ll need to change your spring 2020 code to 0930.
- Respond promptly to email and/or phone call inquiries from our Financial Aid Office. Once a deposit is made, all correspondence from the Financial Aid Office is emailed to your Oneonta account.
Check your personal and Oneonta email accounts regularly. Email is our official means of communication and many important updates and reminders will be sent to you via email. If you are not receiving emails from us, please call so we can update your personal email address.
Final High School Transcripts – an official final transcript (with signature or seal and date of graduation) must be forwarded to the Office of Admissions. Please request your school counselor to forward upon graduation.
College Transcripts – a final official transcript from all colleges you have attended must be sent directly from the colleges' Registrar's Office. In order to be considered a final official transcript it must: include all coursework completed prior to enrolling at SUNY Oneonta, post any degree(s) received and have no incomplete or in-progress grades.
Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) scores - have your test scores sent directly from the appropriate testing agency to the Office of Admissions.
If you wish to decline your acceptance or defer your application, please contact the Office of Admissions for instructions.
Refund of Deposit
You must submit a written request to the Office of Admissions prior to the deadline. Students admitted through December 16, 2019 have until January 1, 2020 to receive a full refund. Students admitted after December 16, 2019 have until January 16, 2020 to receive a full refund.