No form or signature is necessary to begin, and no advisor has to be assigned; however, we would like to know of your intention once you decide to declare a minor. For further information and advisement for the minor, come to the Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Department Office, 209 Science 1, 607.436.3707.
Required Courses 7 s.h.
- GEOL 115 Science of Natural Disasters or
- GEOL 120 Introduction to Geology or
- GEOL 150 Introduction to Forensic Geology or
- GEOL 182 Water and the Blue Planet
- GEOL 220 Earth History and the Fossil Record
- GEOL 227 Global Tectonics Select three to four (3-4) additional GEOL courses at the 200- or 300-level. Two (2) courses must be at the 300 level (9-16 s.h.)
TOTAL 19-26 s.h.
1. College rules pertaining to curriculum majors also apply to curriculum minors
- Minor GPA of at least 2.0
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade unless offered Pass/Fail only
- One-half (1/2) of the minor coursework must be completed in residence
- No more than two courses may overlap between/among all majors/minors; any excess requires additional coursework
2. Check proper course selection, sequence and prerequisite requirements with department of minor