Complete the Certification Recommendation Form
In order for SUNY Oneonta to recommend you for certification, you must print and complete the information release form. Please return the completed and signed release form to the Registrar's Office (130 Netzer) prior to graduation.
All fingerprinting required by New York State Education Department (NYSED) for certification must be scheduled with MorphoTrust at IdentoGO's website. For complete directions and information on the fingerprinting process, please see NYSED Fingerprinting Process from Start to Finish. This link will provide details including fees, service codes needed for the process, and contact information relevant to the process.
New York State Teacher Certification ExamsRegister for, take and pass the
Complete all Coursework and program requirements for your SUNY Oneonta Degree
Complete the SUNY Oneonta Diploma Application
- You should file a Diploma Application the semester prior to your intended graduation. Applications may be picked up at the Registrar's Office (Netzer 130). The fee is $5.00. Payment may be made by check or money order made payable to O.A.S. S.A. Diploma Account or Dragon Dollars.
Your degree will NOT be posted to your transcript unless you indicate that you are intending to graduate.
- Recommendations for certification cannot be made to the NYS Education Department until your graduation date has been posted to your transcript. This generally occurs about 4 weeks after your graduation date.
Apply Online for your Initial Certificate(s)
- Go to TEACH Online Services website
- Login to TEACH with your username and password (or create one)
- Click on “TEACH Online Services”
- Click on “Apply for Certificate”
- The steps to complete the application process are:
- Verify/update profile
- Select Certificate(s): Input Appropriate Program Code for your Degree
- Answer Questions and Sign Affidavit
- Confirm and Sign Application
- Make payment
After your degree is awarded by SUNY Oneonta (posted to your transcript), OEAFE will transmit the college recommendation for your certificate(s) to the Office of Teaching Initiatives to be matched with your application. You will be able to view the recommendation in your TEACH Account under College Recommendations.
As soon as all NYS requirements for the certificate(s) have been met, the certificate will issue. You will be able to view the status of your certificate in the same way that you apply for your certificate.
Paper certificates for initial certification are not mailed. For proof of your certification, please print your TEACH record.