~Gail Pursell Elliott The Dignity and Respect Lady
No matter where you are in life, it is never too early, or too late to start planning for your future. First, you need information. Take some time to answer or research the questions below:
Information about YOU!
1. What do you like?
2. What are you good (skills/abilities) at?
3. What are your interests?
4. What's important (values) to you?
Information about MAJORS & CAREERS!
1. How long will it take me to graduate?
2. What kind of a GPA do I need to be accepted?
3. What kind of classes will I be taking?
4. What type of jobs can I get with the major?
5. What is the job outlook for this career?
You might need a REALITY CHECK - WHAT'S THE JOB MARKET LIKE?
1. What is the typical starting salary?
2. Do I need to go to graduate school and for how many years?
3. Who can I talk to who really does this job?
4. Is there someone who will let me job shadow them?
5. Will my major provide me with internship opportunities?
6. Is there volunteer work I could do to see if I like the job?