In accordance with the college policy on faculty-led off-campus programs (FLP), all FLPs must be approved by the faculty member's Department Chair, Dean and the program must be registered in the Office of Continuing Education. The following list will guide you through the process.
1. Complete and submit the request to conduct a faculty-led off-campus program in the United States. Questions regarding the request and the documentation requested may be directed to the Director of Continuing Education, 436-2548.
2. Once approved, marketing for the course may begin and the course may be added to the schedule of classes.
3. A Student Travel Packet must be filled out and submitted to the Office of Continuing Education for every student participating in the FLP.
- If the travel is mandatory to the completion of the course, then the course MUST be made instructor permission only in the schedule of classes, and the student must be cleared to register by the Office of Continuing Education before being allowed to register. For this situation, students should submit a completed Student Travel Packet and an add/drop form signed by the faculty coordinator to the Office of Continuing Education no less than two weeks prior to the start of the course.
- If the travel is NOT mandatory, the student must submit a completed Student Travel Packet to the Office of Continuing Education no less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the trip and MUST be cleared before leaving for the trip.
4. All of the following information must be submitted to the Office of Continuing Education no less than one week prior to the start of the trip:
- Contact information for the faculty coordinator and assistant coordinator if applicable. The faculty coordinator must be accessible for the entire trip.
- Emergency contact information for the faculty coordinator, the person to be contacted if something happens to the faculty coordinator.
- Make sure original itinerary is updated and complete to include contact information for all accommodations.
- Complete emergency plan. Submit to the Office of Continuing Education and disseminate to all participants.
- Complete documentation after the trip in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (20USC§1092)
5. Faculty coordinator must meet with the Director of Continuing Education prior to departure for the trip to review emergency protocol procedures, incident reporting form, and receive student information packet to take with them.