The Maintenance Operations Center maintains a fleet of 12-passenger vans that are available for transportation on campus as well as for field trips and department use. SUNY Oneonta fleet vehicles are available for official university business only and cannot be used for personal reasons. Vans may be reserved by campus faculty, staff, and student clubs. Please note that online van reservations for athletic fleet usage are not applicable. Athletics must continue to make reservations through the Athletic Department.
All faculty, staff, and students must complete the van training course and have their driver’s license status checked in the New York State LENS program prior to making a reservation or receiving keys for the campus vehicle. Please contact UPD for the van training course. SUNY Oneonta reserves the right to deny or suspend an individual’s driving privileges of university vehicles at any time.
Please review the following:
- Review the Use of Vehicles for University Business Policy.
- Requests should be submitted at least one week prior to your reservation date to allow enough time for approvals. We may not be able to accommodate last minute requests.
- One request per van must be submitted.
- All drivers must be in the NYS LENS program and out of state driver licenses will be verified as valid by UPD.
- TRAs must be signed and include a departmental account number for mileage payment.
- Vehicle packets and keys can be picked up at the Maintenance Operations Center between 7:00am – 3:00pm, Monday through Friday. We cannot accommodate weekend pickup.
- Prior to leaving and upon return, mileage must be recorded on the trip data form in the vehicle packet.
- Vehicle packets should be placed in the drop box at the garage upon return.
- All vehicles are equipped with NYS Thruway E-Z Pass tags.
- All vehicle gas tanks will be filled on campus by our garage personnel prior to scheduled trips. Please see additional fueling information in vehicle packets upon pickup.